Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lately...

 I am pleased to say that I have been very crafty lately...and my craft of choice has been card making.  I am also happy that they aren't all for myself to use.  My family and friends have taken a liking to my work and have been requesting some great creations.   

I like to stay crafty busy, so when my grandfather sent me a list of all the birthday cards he would need for the rest of the year I was excited for the challenge.  I am pleased to say they are finished now.   Unfortunately I forgot to take some pictures of my favorites.  I didn't use the Cricut for all of them and there were a few that I really liked...for example a garden scene made with buttons and ribbon.  Hopefully I'll be able to snag a pic or two when the birthday parties come along and I see the cards again ;-)


My grandma's birthday is today and my mom requested a basket or wheelbarrow or wagon full of flowers for her card.  I chose to put the flowers in a basket and I think it turned out great.  The "basket of flowers card", as I'm calling it now, quickly became a favorite of mine.  I think I especially like it because I love using brads.  I now have at least half a dozen of this card on hand just in case. 



Another event that I have needed a card for was my friend's baby shower.  She just had her baby girl (the shower was a few weeks ago and baby came early) and I made a fun card using my Cricut and the Baby Steps cartridge.  I loved it even more when I added buttons for the wheels.  :-)  I love to add the little touches to my creations.  



No comments:

Post a Comment